Frequently Asked Questions



Q.  What is Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA)?

A.  TLA is an allowance generally paid to accompanied members departing Okinawa who resided in government housing (not BOQ/BEQ) or housing in the local community.  Departure TLA is authorized to partially reimburse members for the extraordinary expense stemming from the use of temporary lodging in conjunction with a PCS from Okinawa.  The amount payable will be the cost of lodging plus the current M&IE rate for Okinawa.  The maximum period for departure TLA is 4 days when departing government quarters and 10 days when departing housing in the local community.  Extensions will be granted on a case by case basis, requests must be made to the Commander, Marine Corps Bases Japan via the MCB Finance Office.


      TLA FAQ


      Transit Lodging Facility Info



Q.  If I'm about to PCS, when can I request Advance Pay?

A.  Disbursing can pay advance pay up to 30 days prior to departure from Okinawa.  Advance pay requests should be routed through your Personnel Administration Center (CPAC/IPAC) with sufficient time for processing and forwarding to Disbursing.  Requests outside of normal parameters must be approved by the requester's Commanding Officer.  The following are normal parameters:

        -  1 month advance with a 12 month payback for E-4's and above

        -  Anything beyond normal parameters or requests for E-3's and below must be

            accompanied by approval from the CO


        Marine Corps Order on Advance Pay (PCS)

3d Marine Logistics Group