Voting Assistance Officer

The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) is designed to assist absentee voting as most states require you to register to vote to start the absentee voting process. We encourage you to use the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). To register and vote in your home state, visit or contact one of the below Voting Assistance Officers who are ready to assist with regards to voter registration and absentee voting.   Marines and families can use to complete the forms necessary to register to vote, and to update their local election official of address changes for the delivery of voting materials free of charge.  Keep in mind that mail delivery times will vary based on where you are and customs requirements whereas using electronic options can help reduce the ballot transit time for your election materials.

Installation Personnel Administration Center
Camp Foster Building 5699
Room 211
Unit 35001
FPO AP 96373-5001
DSN: 645-5853
Hours of Operation: 0800-1500

Dr.  Robby D. Fuentes
DSN: 645-9443

Marine Corps Base Butler Assistant Installation Voting Officer

CWO2 Lancemichael D. Akimseu
DSN:  645-5853

Marine Corps Base Butler Unit Voting Assistant Officer

Capt. April O. DelaCruz
DSN: 315-645-3902


Marine Corps Air Station Futenma Unit Voting Assistant Officer

Capt. Steven M. Southworth
DSN: 315-636-5336


Section 1 Check the box that describes you best. Then enter your current name. If you registered under a different name, write this information in the previous name area. Your date of birth is required. You must provide either a state-issued ID number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number. If you do not have either of these numbers, you must write in Section 6: “I do not have a Social Security Number or state-issued ID number.”

Section 2 Include the complete street address of your voting residence. You cannot use a post office box mailing address. If your address is a rural route, write a description of your voting residence in Section 6. Election offices use your U.S. voting residence address to determine whether you are eligible to vote absentee, which offices and candidates you are eligible to vote for, and to send the correct ballot for your voting precinct. For overseas citizens, it is usually the last place you lived before moving overseas. This address is valid even if: you no longer have property or other ties to this state; your intent to return to that state is uncertain; or your previous address is no longer a recognized address. If you cannot remember the address where you last resided, FVAP recommends checking old family correspondence, passports, or tax records. Election offices may also help identify your address.

Section 3 Include your current mailing address, even if you are requesting your ballot be sent to you by email or online. Use the forwarding address space only if you want your election materials sent to a different address or have a mail forwarding address. If you are an overseas citizen, your current address must be located outside the United States.

Section 4 Include your contact information so your election office can contact you if they need additional information in order to process your FPCA. If you want to receive your absentee ballot by email/online, you must provide an email address.

Section 5 (A) All states allow you to receive your absentee ballot by mail or email/online. Select your preferred method of receiving your absentee ballot. (B) In many states, you must enter the name of the party whose ballot you want to receive to vote in primary elections.

Section 6 Provide any clarifying information that may assist your election office in approving your request. No witness or notary signature is required on this form for any state.

Section 7 Sign and date.

3d Marine Logistics Group